In the United States alone, there are millions of people who struggle with drug or alcohol abuse. They might have developed a dependency on alcohol after long-term use, might have started to misuse prescription medications, or could abuse drugs to cope with past trauma or mental health issues. Addiction doesn’t discriminate–it affects people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and genders. And overcoming addiction is challenging because, over time, drug and alcohol use causes changes in the brain that are difficult to reverse.
Understanding the signs of a substance use disorder can help you reach out for help when you need it. At TruHealing Hagerstown, we offer substance abuse treatment programs that target specific addictions.
Reach out to us today at 833.297.4343 to learn more and to begin your journey to recovery today.
What Is Substance Abuse?
Substance abuse is the excessive use of alcohol or the abuse of drugs. While substance abuse isn’t the same as addiction, it drastically increases the risk of developing a dependency. Once substance abuse leads to addiction, individuals will need professional help to heal from the disease. Addiction is also referred to as a substance use disorder, which occurs when an individual cannot regulate how much or how often they use drugs or alcohol.
There are many signs you can look out for to see if someone is struggling with addiction. If you notice the following in yourself or others, it may be necessary to reach out to TruHealing Hagerstown to learn more about our rehab programs:
- Using drugs or alcohol more and more often or in larger amounts
- Wanting to stop but being unable to do so
- Spending most of one’s time using, abusing, and recovering from drugs or alcohol
- Inability to function normally without experiencing withdrawal symptoms
- Physical and mental health begins to deteriorate with continued use of drugs or alcohol
Our Addiction Treatment Programs
When individuals abuse drugs or alcohol, they risk developing a substance use disorder or addiction. At TruHealing Hagerstown, we offer targeted substance abuse treatment programs for all of the following addictions:
- Alcohol addiction – Although alcohol is legal, it can be easily abused. Long-term alcohol abuse can cause changes in the brain that make it difficult to stop. We help our clients develop healthy coping skills so they can stop drinking for good.
- Opiate addiction and opioid addiction – The opioid epidemic has touched the lives of millions in the United States alone. Many individuals who are prescribed opioids to relieve pain find that they develop a dependency on the drugs. Fortunately, we offer a program that can help individuals learn to manage their pain, heal from addiction, and avoid future relapse.
- Heroin addiction – Perhaps the most potent and addictive illicit drug, heroin use has increased as a result of the opioid epidemic as individuals look for cheaper ways to maintain their addiction. Unfortunately, they end up substituting one addiction for another. We offer professional support so they can heal.
- Process addiction – Certain behaviors can be addictive. Individuals might develop addictions to sex, gambling, shopping, video games, and other activities, and our treatment programs help them understand their addiction and begin to rebuild.
- Prescription drug addiction -– Many medications are addictive. In therapy, our clients learn how to manage pain effectively so they can stop relying on prescription drugs that cause dependency.
- Vivitrol and Suboxone addiction treatment -–These substances are often used in medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction, but they are addictive substances themselves. We help our clients maintain long-term sobriety from all substances.
Contact TruHealing Hagerstown Today
Addiction is a complex disease that involves both physical and psychological aspects that must be addressed through an addiction recovery program. At TruHealing Hagerstown, we offer comprehensive care for those who are ready to rebuild their lives. Reach out to us today at 833.297.4343 to learn more about our programs.
Where Addiction Ends and Recovery Begins
Our addiction specialists are always ready to answer your questions and help you access the care you need. Every patient in our care receives a personalized treatment plan that takes into account their unique needs.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today