Suboxone is a medication that is commonly used to help reduce the symptoms of opiate withdrawal and to help those with opiate addiction find relief from cravings. However, since this medication works by activating receptors in the brain in a similar way to opioids, it can be habit-forming as well. Suboxone is often prescribed for those who are in treatment programs for opioid addiction and some individuals might not realize that it is addictive. At TruHealing Hagerstown, we offer a Suboxone treatment program to help those with Suboxone addiction develop healthy coping skills and strategies so they no longer have to rely on addictive substances.
Reach out to TruHealing Hagerstown at 833.297.4343 today to learn more about our treatment programs.
What Is Suboxone?
Suboxone is made up of two different drugs: buprenorphine and naloxone. These substances work in tandem to help someone who is addicted to opioids find relief from withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Buprenorphine works by activating some of the receptors in the brain that opioids would also target. This allows someone to be weaned off of an opioid without taking the opioid itself. Naloxone works by blocking these receptors and can help individuals keep from using other opioids.
Since Suboxone can cause dependence, there is a risk in using this substance to treat opioid addiction. Treatment for Suboxone addiction is likely to be similar to treatment for opioid addiction, as those in recovery will need to work through the underlying causes of why they started abusing opioids in the first place.
Signs of Suboxone Addiction
There are a number of signs that can indicate that you or a loved one is struggling with Suboxone addiction. These can include:
- Using Suboxone in ways other than as prescribed
- Going to more than one doctor for Suboxone
- Withdrawal symptoms like nausea, headaches, insomnia, or fever
- Unpredictable mood swings
The most effective treatment for Suboxone addiction will include a personalized treatment plan that addresses any underlying mental health issues or trauma. At TruHealing Hagerstown, we create individualized treatment plans for every client in our care.
Treatment for Suboxone Addiction
We offer residential treatment, where our clients can focus on their journey to recovery away from the stresses of the outside world. The treatment program we offer for Suboxone addiction might involve a number of different therapies, which include:
- Expressive therapy – Artistic outlets to help you learn more about yourself
- Group therapy – A supportive place where you can find support
- Trauma-focused therapy – Guided sessions where you will work through past negative experiences
- Motivational interviewing – A type of talk therapy that can help you find inner strength
- Dual diagnosis treatment – Targeted help for co-occurring mental health issues and substance abuse
- Family therapy – Therapy sessions with your family members can help you rebuild relationships
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – An evidence-based treatment method that will help you adjust your behaviors
- Acceptance and commitment therapy – Practice mindfulness and acceptance with an experienced therapist
- Relapse prevention therapy – Build the tools you need to maintain sobriety
- 12-step approach – Ongoing support for your lifelong journey to recovery
Our goal is for our clients to discover the underlying causes of addiction and build the tools they need for lifelong sobriety.
Contact TruHealing Hagerstown Today
Reach out to our team by calling us at 833.297.4343 or contact us online today. At TruHealing Hagerstown, you’ll find the support that you need to break free from Suboxone addiction and build a happier, healthier life. Whether you’re reaching out for yourself or for a loved one, our team is ready to tell you more about our treatment center, admissions process, and what to expect in treatment. Don’t wait to make the call that could change your life.
Where Addiction Ends and Recovery Begins
Our addiction specialists are always ready to answer your questions and help you access the care you need. Every patient in our care receives a personalized treatment plan that takes into account their unique needs.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today