For those struggling with an addiction to alcohol or opioids, certain medications might be used in a medication-assisted treatment program to help relieve withdrawal symptoms and curb cravings. However, these medications can potentially be addictive as well. One medication that is often used in medication-assisted treatment programs is Vivitrol. If you or a loved one is struggling with Vivitrol addiction, reach out to TruHealing Hagerstown today at 833.297.4343 to learn more about our Vivitrol addiction treatment program.
What Is Vivitrol?
Vivitrol is a prescription medication that is used to treat opioid and alcohol addiction and is the brand name version of naltrexone. Vivitrol is administered once a month by a medical professional through an injection. This long-lasting medication can be used to block the effects of opioids and alcohol. While some medications that are used to treat opioid addiction can mimic the effects of opioids, Vivitrol does not result in a high. However, it can have negative effects if an individual relapses and begins to use opioids or drink alcohol again.
Is Vivitrol Addictive?
Vivitrol does have the potential to be addictive. If you or someone you love begins to develop a Vivitrol addiction, there are certain signs to look out for. These could include a preoccupation with finding and taking Vivitrol as well as a lack of interest in hobbies and activities you or your loved one once enjoyed.
Other signs that you might be struggling with a Vivitrol addiction include:
- Using Vivitrol in ways other than as prescribed
- Withdrawal symptoms like muscle aches or abdominal cramps
- Difficulties fulfilling responsibilities at work or at home
Treatment for Vivitrol Addiction
In residential treatment for Vivitrol addiction, our clients can live on-site at TruHealing Hagerstown. This type of rehab is helpful for very serious cases of Vivitrol addiction or when it may be too difficult to recover from naltrexone addiction in the client’s normal environment. Our clients learn different coping skills for their Vivitrol addiction and tips for handling any co-occurring mental health disorders they are experiencing while in our Vivitrol rehab program.
Group therapy is a core part of treatment at TruHealing Hagerstown. During group therapy sessions, you’ll find support for the challenging early days of recovery and can share your experiences with others who understand. In addition, we offer a wide range of addiction treatment therapies:
- Expressive therapy – Painting, drawing, writing, dancing, and playing music can be healthy outlets for stress and can help you learn more about yourself
- Trauma-focused therapy – Past trauma can lead to addiction, and guided sessions with an experienced therapist can help you heal
- Motivational interviewing – Find inner strength by discovering your inner motivation to stay in recovery
- Family therapy – Addiction can cause conflict with family members and other loved ones, but you can learn how to communicate effectively and re-establish trust
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This evidence-based therapy can help you reframe your thought patterns and change your behaviors
- Acceptance and commitment therapy – Learn how mindfulness can help you stay committed to your recovery
- Relapse prevention therapy – Avoid relapse by developing skills and strategies to help you navigate challenging situations
- 12-step approach – This time-tested approach offers ongoing support for long-term recovery
Upon arrival, we’ll create a personalized treatment plan to address your unique needs. Whether you need treatment for co-occurring mental health issues like depression and anxiety, medical support, or help for relapse prevention, our team will work with you every step of the way.
Contact TruHealing Hagerstown Today
At TruHealing Hagerstown, our residential treatment programs take place in a peaceful, supportive environment. We offer men’s and women’s treatment programs so that you can work on your recovery in a space where you feel safe.
Contact us at 833.297.4343 today to learn more about our treatment programs and admissions process. Take back your life from addiction starting today.
Where Addiction Ends and Recovery Begins
Our addiction specialists are always ready to answer your questions and help you access the care you need. Every patient in our care receives a personalized treatment plan that takes into account their unique needs.
Lets Recover Together.
WE’RE ONE CALL AWAY.
Start TruHealing Today